We will be investing in high quality growth stocks. Our aim would be to build this portfolio with at least 20-40 companies. By year end we trim the portfolio down to under 20 companies based on our winner and hold them for at least 3-5 years or longer.
We carefully choose companies that are:
Led by founders and revolutionizing lives by disrupting technology
First into the market and leaders in their domain.
Growing at scale and have at least $10 billion market cap*
Rules to follow:
- Book 20% of profits, when you feel very good about your portfolio. It's the sign that you achieved what you planned and it's time to raise some cash.
- Keep adding money to your brokerage account monthly, but only the money that you don't plan to use in 1-2 years.
- Never take loan or use margin money for long term investing.
- Market always come back, so would your gains.
- Correction happens it's a sign of healthy market.
- 30% of market corrections are rare and happens only once or twice in a decade. Generally 5%-10% correction happens twice a year
- Holding on to strong, great and visionary companies is the key to long term investing.
- Never panic sell, apply 3-day rule. Meaning wait for at-least 3 days before selling your long term holdings.
- Sometime best strategy would be just to not look at your brokerage account for a week or two.